- Edgewood Avenue at Sherman Avenue. in NEW HAVEN, CT
Imagine a quarter-of-a-million revelers converging on the streets of New Haven. Well, there's no need to merely imagine it if you show up for the St. Patrick's Day parade. The nation's sixth-oldest St. Paddy's Day parade amps up legions of bar hoppers that celebrate well into the night.
- XL Center formerly Hartford Civic Center 1 Civic Center Plaza Hartford, CT 6103 in Hartford, CT
This spectacular home show features hundreds of exhibits to pique the creativity of attending homeowners. This winter event sets the stage for springtime home improvements, whether they involve remodeling, landscaping, or interior design. Product demos and professional advice offer still more inspiration.
- Hubbard Park of Meriden Connecticut Meriden, CT 6451 in Meriden, CT
When over 600,001 daffodils bloom across the 1,800-acre Hubbard Park grounds, Springtime has surely arrived. The crowning of Little Miss Daffodil opens the festival. Over fifty local bands, the state's largest tag sale, and unique cuisine all culminate in a fabulous fireworks display.
- 1045 Old Academy Rd Fairfield, CT 6824 in Fairfield, CT
Every Spring, the blooming Dogwoods grace Greenfield Hill, and so do thousands of festival-goers. Members of the Congregational Church sell handmade crafts and fudge. Professional artists show their latest creations, and guided walking tours are offered. History and hospitality richly engage those that attend.
- Strawberry Park RV Resort Preston, CT 06365 in Preston, CT
Preston's annual celebration of America's very own music genre, Bluegrass, features returning artists and new, emerging talent. Past festival favorites have included The Boxcars, Dailey and Vincent, Della Mae, and The Greencards.
- West Hartford Town Hall Common 50 South Main Street West Hartford, CT 06107 in West Hartford, CT
The Town Hall grounds are the site for Celebrate! West Hartford. A juried arts and crafts show attracts over 175 top artisans. Enjoy some great food and burn it off in the 5k race. The price of parking and admission is just right -- free.